Woud You Be Willing to Sponsor A Fundraiser?
One Bread Lay Apostolate is seeking Catholic evangelists who would be willing to host a fundraiser in their home, parish, or community. We need funds to purchase the pamphlets that we give away free to thirsty souls. The demand for this material is increasing, but because we are a new organization, many Catholics don't know about us yet. We need you to help us spread the word and to help us raise the needed funds to satisfy the increasing demand for good free Catholic material.
We thought we would share the following ideas on how you could help us raise funds. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to host a fundraiser for One Bread. Outright donations are tax-deductible and any funds collected over and above any material benefit the people receive is also tax deductible. For example, if people give a $50 donation for a ticket to a concert and the face value of the concert ticket is $25, the tax-deductible portion of the contribution is $25.
- Ask your friends to save their change for 3-5 months and save your own. Collect it at the end of the time period and donate it to One Bread.
- Invite people to a fancy dinner or party at your house and charge $25 per person. Donate the money collected minus the amount for food and expenses to One Bread. Hint: the Super Bowl is coming up!
- Ask four people to donate $10 a month for a year or nine people to donate $5 a month for a year. Send them monthly reminders or ask us to send them reminder e-mails.
- Ask your parish priest if it would be possible to take up a second collection and donate it to One Bread. Give a little talk during the announcement time at Mass to explain what One Bread does before the collection is taken up. Hint: a good time to do this is on Mission Sunday or Pentecost Sunday.
- Organize your parish youth group to hold a carwash. Charge from $3 to $5 for the service and donate the proceeds to One Bread. You could also give away free pamphlets on the importance of Baptism to turn the carwash into both a fundraising and evangelization event.
- Have a sidewalk or garage sale and donate the proceeds from the sale to One Bread. Hint: Spring Cleaning time is an excellent time for this!
- Organize a service raffle. Get four people (one can be you) to donate a simple but valuable service (babysitting or yardwork for example) and sell raffle tickets for that service for $3 to $5 dollars each. Sell the tickets to neighbors, coworkers, etc. Donate the money to One Bread and provide the service to the winners.
- Consider adding One Bread to your will; bequests anywhere from $1000 to $50,000 could evangelize a lot of souls!
- Collect cans from recycling and encourage your friends to do the same for you. Turn them into a buy-back recycling center and donate the money to One Bread.
For more information, contact: